Denver RA29

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
Shinsou

Denver RA29

Post by Shinsou »

Hello everyone!

I just bought a 1976 Toyota Celica GT this weekend after searching for one for a long while. I found it in an old ladys' front yard and bought it for $250! Pretty good deal if I do say so myself. She was the original owner and bought it new back in July of 1976. She took great care of it...mechanically anyway. It had been sitting in her front yard since 1995. It's pretty rusty, but nothing that can't be fixed. I'm pretty sure with a bit of maintenance and a new battery the car will start right up! It's a big undertaking, but I've built old Toyotas before. I have a 1986 Toyota Corolla GTS that I've restored as well. Anyways, wish me luck!

ChristobalRocks

Re: Denver RA29

Post by ChristobalRocks »

Welcome! :)

Looks like you've got a fair bit of work ahead of you. Might be easier to buy some of those parts from other members who are parting out theirs...
spacecowboyian

Post by spacecowboyian »

Freakin sweet. Another coloradian! There's a good amount of us on here now... our club is growing. Welcome!
spacecowboyian

Post by spacecowboyian »

Looks like you need new fenders and a hood too. Check with blackrabbit here on the board. He may have some stuff you need.
miami

Post by miami »

Wow! Nice find! Good luck with your project.

:cheers:
Shinsou

Post by Shinsou »

Yeah, the car needs a fair amount of work. But I couldn't pass it up for the price. I will need new fenders and a hood I will message blackrabbit and see if he has anything for me. I found one guy that makes fiberglass fenders. Might end up going with those if I can't find anything else. But it's nice to see other people from Colorado here :) Thanks for the support :)
spacecowboyian

Post by spacecowboyian »

James is around here somewhere too.. he's got the 75 that I bought for parts and sold off to him. Colorado has a lot of project cars :)
ChristobalRocks

Post by ChristobalRocks »

foxau2 makes several fiberglass parts for your car. Check out his threads.
jdmtuner2916

Post by jdmtuner2916 »

nice priject there im in colorado springs let me know if you would like help one weekend i have a 77 liftback